Thanksgiving is only a day away and the Tribe is taking the time to reflect on giving back this season. We are sharing some of Tribe Kelley's favorite charities and their missions with a link to their site to donate.
Any donation, no matter how big, can make a huge difference! Below are the charities our founders, the Kelleys', have donated to this year.
Tribe Kelley Trading Post is located in Nashville, Tennessee. Here are the local charities that we support!
MusiCares is a charity that has provided more than $60 million in health, financial, and rehabilitation resources to music people in times of need.
A leading children's hospital, St. Jude treats the toughest childhood cancers and pediatric diseases.
The Lifeline provides 24/7, free and confidential support for people in distress, helps with prevention.
Lauren Scruggs Foundation is aiming to provide cosmetic coverings for prosthetics, which give the devices their natural-skin appearance, to women whose insurance doesn't cover them.
When children in these villages become critically ill because of malnourishment or infections like malaria, HIV, and tuberculosis, their parents feel desperate. Paralyzed by their lack of medical resources, this is where Love One steps in to help.
HSH is a 501 (c) (3) charitable outreach ministry serving the Homeless by meeting their needs using a R.E.A.L. approach. Respect, Encourage, Accept, Love.
Tribe Kelley Surfpost is located in 30 A in Grayton Beach, Florida. Here are the local charities the Surf Post supports!
Alaqua Animal Refuge offers more than 250 once abused, neglected and homeless animals looking for a home.
The Sonder Project is a global non-profit organization seeking to break the cycle of extreme poverty through high-impact sustainable solutions.
Children’s Volunteer Health Network is a faith-based 501(c)3 organization, established in 2005 in direct response to Walton and Okaloosa counties’ large population of families unable to access high-quality health services due to the unavailability (or inadequacy) of insurance.
Some other charities we are proud to support in the 30 A community:
Kingdom Church in Panama City, Florida
Bands of 30A
Bay of School of South Walton
Point Washington Medical Clinic
Brittney and Brian both had grandfathers in the service, and supporting the military and their families are very important to them!
The USO is a top military support organization that supports military service members and military families.
Wounded Warrior Project is a charitable organization that helps veterans and active duty service members.
The Independence Fund is committed to empowering our nation's Veterans to overcome physical, mental, and emotional wounds incurred in the line of duty.
Donation for the center of Hope for women and children
Ways to Give Back
1. Volunteering your time to a local organization. Volunteermatch.org brings together local volunteers with local nonprofit organizations that need help. You can search for a cause that means something to you, and offer your time, expertise, or services.
2. If you'd like to make a difference in the life of a local senior citizen, sign up with ElderHelpers.org to connect with a local senior in need. You could volunteer to help with anything from running errands to gardening and housework to entertaining.
3. Online Volunteering. Believe it or not, you can volunteer your time from the comfort of your home. The internet allows volunteers to bring their skills to organizations that need them, no matter where they are. SkillsforChange.com calls itself a microvolunteering site, similar to microlending. Volunteers share which types of causes they care about and what skills they can offer, and the site matches them with organizations that need help.
4. Donating all your extra "stuff". While we all know that we can drop off unused clothes and household items at Goodwill or the Salvation Army, there are many more ways that our unwanted items can help others in need.
5. Make a difference with Meal on Wheels by donating your time and making an impact in your local community.
At Tribe Kelley we are proud to support these charities throughout the year. We hope that you connect with an organization and feel the magical joy of the gift of giving!